Basic shuffle beat in "A" using my Tascam DP-03SD, mixed down, fade out...

ButchA

From
Richmond, VA
Gear owned
Tascam DP-03SD
I was messing around with my Yamaha DGX-505 keyboard, and it's built-in percussion (aka drum machine). I found a common "shuffle" at 130bpm, and recorded it on Track 1. I was thinking of something very simple, very basic, but yet "old school" type of bouncy, 3 chord shuffle in "A". So, I grabbed my Gretsch hollowbody, plugged into my Boss Katana Artist, and used the Line Out into the Tascam on Track 2. I also clicked on an MXR Dyna Comp compressor too, since i was on the clean channel.

This is another one of those "capture the moment" type of things, before I forget it. There's thousands of ways to take this shuffle type of song concept. Basically, I am playing a regular A chord on the 2nd fret with my index finger. I do a little bluesy riff with my ring finger on the 4th fret, playing the C# and F# notes. Then I use my middle finger on the 3rd fret, and play the same thing, but yet G and C notes. Alternate back and forth.... Then a common E7th, and a held D7th with a subtle wiggle on the Bigsby, and repeat.

Here's a question for @-mjk- --- is it better to use compression in the mixdown, or use compression/pedal and record it live (i.e. my MXR Dyna Comp)?

Just 2 tracks... Nothing fancy... Drum machine & guitar, before I forget what I was doing. What do you think?

Last edited:
Reactions: Mark Richards
It's a good start Butch.

Reactions: ButchA

New threads

Members online