Model 12 for Ableton Live 10

A few things...
---While in DAW control mode. The audio will play out of the fader that the track is on. Even though we think of channels 1-6 as mono and only 7/8 and 9/10 as stereo, in DAW Control Mode, things are different. Whatever is on the various tracks plays out on the fader aligned with that track, even if it is stereo. The mono "pan" becomes a "balance" control if the audio is stereo on a given track.
----I have not found any way to direct monitor inputs while recording in DAW control mode. As soon as you put the Model 12 in DAW control mode, it goes deaf except for what the DAW is sending it. The best answer to this that I have found so far is to set the buffers as low as your PC will tolerate and use the DAW's monitor return latency. I've been able to get the latency down to where this is useful. I've had it all the way down to 4 samples, as low as it can go and was able to monitor my input while recording to the DAW albeit with a very slight latency. It may not be wise to leave the buffer at 4 however, it may lead to clicks and pops depending on your CPU.
---It seems the intention here is that you would record your segments outside of DAW control and then use DAW control to do the final mix.

I wonder if there is some technical reason Tascam cannot provide direct monitoring while in DAW control mode, but that is how it is for now. The channels are monitoring the DAW tracks.

New threads

Members online