Hello, friends!

ciemnika

From
Clifton, VA
Gear owned
424mk2/3, DP-32/32SD
I’m Jeff, live outside of Washington, D.C. in northern Virginia. I’ve been playing music my whole life, but really and truly caught the bug for it as a teenager in the 90s, when I picked up a guitar and got into playing punk and metal with my friends.

I’ve played in a bunch of no-count bands over the years and I’ve had a load of fun doing it. My musical output hasn’t ever been terribly focused, ranging from metal to synth pop to retrowave to industrial and back to punk.

I think my first Tascam experience was a 414 Portastudio that we probably just about exploded from lack of any real understanding about recording and gain staging. I don’t know what happened to that one, but it vanished from my sight in the early 2000s. Eventually, I went on to getting into recording in the box and, through a career in marketing and creative, learned audio production, primarily for tv, web, and games. But, when the computer started to feel too much like work, I started to feel the pull of the Portastudio again so that I could have something more hands on.

Now, my studio has a four Portastudios in rotation: a 424 mkii, 424 mkiii, DP-32, and DP-32SD. I do some hybrid work, and pro work is ITB still, but I love the hands on simplicity of the Portastudios. I also use a Tascam TA-1VP for both singing and voiceover work.

Glad to be here with all of you!

Reactions: Manslick
Thank you, Phil. And thank you for the massive wealth of info you've put out via your YouTube channel.

Reactions: Phil Tipping
Welcome to the Tascam Forums, Jeff!

Reactions: ciemnika
Welcome Jeff !

yeah I too started on cassette Portastudios and love the workflow they allow.

Reactions: ciemnika
Welcome Jeff and I have worked on- to repair, most the Porta Studios they made. There might be one to get by me but those may be the digital media types.

New threads

Members online

No members online now.