Tascam DR-40X or DR-60DmkII timecode/syncing

killyourdog1973

Gear owned
DR60mk2, DR40x, 424mk2
Hi all, happily new on here and hope to learn and contribute as best I can.

I'm a musician with a home studio based around Logic Pro and have been after a portable recorder to augment my existing gear. This is primarily as I cannot record loud instruments at home (neighbours etc) but hope to visit friends' homes/rehearsal spaces to add loud parts to existing tracks with a separate recorder. Sadly, I don't have much £ to spend these days.

I very recently picked up a DR-60DmkII recorder cheap on the 'Bay and love it but was disappointed to find that it doesn't have an overdub mode like other models (my bad, should have checked). So I've bought a DR-40X on Amazon that does have overdub mode and having set it up, it seems to do what I want of it. But my query relates to how I can sync the newly recorded audio files on the unit to the other tracks within Logic when I return home. Ideally I'd be looking to download them from the SD card to my Mac and have them neatly slide into their exact place within Logic when I import them into the project.

I've done a Google search and it appears that neither model I have support timecode so I imagine the neatly slotting into place will not happen as I had hoped? Can anyone suggest a solution/work around for this please? I'd like to avoid having to buy any more gear if possible (think I'll have to sell the DR60II to pay for the DR40x anyway) but having to manually align newly recorded parts within Logic afterwards sounds like a pain and kind of makes the overdub function redundant (I could just record to a click track thru the DR60 without backing and align that as best I can with the other audio tracks couldn't I?).

I hope that all makes sense. If you are able to offer a solution I'd be most grateful, thank you.

Members online

No members online now.