Replacing my DP-006

chris667

Gear owned
DP-006
Hello everyone.

My DP-006 is the single most useful piece of music equipment I've ever owned.

Self contained, cheap and capable of really excellent results. I've had things I recorded on it played on the radio.

Sadly, I'm getting older and my eyesight is not as good as it used to be.

Does Tascam or another company make anything like the DP-006 but with a better display? I am struggling to use it now unless it's really well lit - I would prefer sliders but I can use the knobs, but I simply can't make out the LCD any more unless I have a magnifying glass.

I know I could get a decent USB mic and a computer, but I love the simplicity of my Tascam.

Please tell me such a thing exists!

Reactions: shredd
Being a verrrrry long-term PortaStudio devotee - I can TOTally relate to your love of your '006.

RE - the display thing: any time you have a compact, minimalist unit, the display is going to be like a postage stamp.
AND - to be honest - even the bigger Tascam's I've had (including several 2488's, DP-008's, DP-03, and DP-32) ALL have pretty minimal displays.
I'd have given my eye teeth if Tascam would've bothered to put a video-out/HDMI into the DP-32, to run the display on a puter monitor.
A guy in England made an add-on video-out adapter for the 2488's for years, but he's long since retired (or maybe he'd have made one for my DP-32!!!). A US$100 kit - IF you can find one - goes for 500 nowadays!!!

ANYway.
What I'm getting to: I'm also old enough to remember when there WASN'T recorded music, so my eyesight ain't so good-ish either.
THIS THREAD details the solution I barn-jobbed to see my DP-32's display better. It isn't perfect, but it's bigger, and allows me to see it from elsewhere than sitting directly in front of it...

Last edited:

New threads

Members online