Recent Song Unwanted Distortion

Slugworth

Veteran
Gear owned
DP-008EX
This is a fairly recent recording https://on.soundcloud.com/FLggKWnuXwufaHcC6
I hear unwanted distortion and I've brought it up to Mariano (engineer/producer). All of the original instruments and vocal track were recorded clean and without distortion.
I told Mariano that comparatively the acoustic songs (three so far) we've made seem to be louder in volume, but nearer or into distortion than the full instrumentals.

Here's Mariano's reply. "Regarding what you mentioned about the acoustic songs sounding louder than the full mixes, it's because with fewer instruments, I can compress the mastering more without it starting to sound distorted. However, maybe I should compress the instrumental songs a bit less so that they don't lose dynamics and sound a bit quieter, as they are more laid-back and align better with the other songs on the album. This is really a matter of taste. Let me know if you want me to send you other mixes of the acoustic songs with less compression so that they don’t sound louder than the rest."

Mariano said the he will try using less compression to hopefully solve the issue on the next mix. Is the distortion that I am hearing or perceive to be hearing a compression related issue, please?

New threads

Members online

No members online now.