problems with firewire mrk2 on dm4800

Force-b

Gear owned
DM4800
hi everyone,
I hope you don't mind me troubling you as to this forum I'm a complete stranger so first and foremost please forgive the intrusion.... just having a look through this forum I've noticed you all seem to be quite knowledgeable with this kind of set up so i am reaching out to you to see if you would be kind enough to lend me a helping hand with your knowledge to see if i can overcome this problem. i have a 27" 2015 i5 (32g ram) iMac ideally running monterey but I'm of the understanding that there hasn't been no 64bit driver released so having to settle for the 32bit I've rolled back to mojave but i just can't seem to be able to get my DM to talk to my iMac the digital page on the DM says card ok but underneath it says driver offline, ill wait in anticipation of your kindness, kind regards Byron AKA force-b

Monterey still has the native drivers I think. Later OS versions I think they removed firewire support. With a bunch of dongles I'm running my DM24 with an original firewire card on Monterey and my M1 Mac.
A little bit buggy, but the DM24 always has been.

@Force-b, Hello. I am having the exact same issue with my tascam dm4800 not wanting to communicate with my mac. the only difference is i am currently running High Sierra on a mid 2011 mac. card status on the machine is: OK 1394: Driver Offline

but, no comm with the mac. the if-fw/dm mkii control software doesn't detect it.

I'm using a known good cable.

I've been at this attempt for a couple weeks with no progress.

were you ever able to find a solution?

Hello pal sorry it’s taken so long to reply but I hadn’t noticed that I had been sent a message so sorry for that AND I’m afraid that no I still haven’t got a solution yet, have you by any chance….?

New threads

Members online