Not Getting FX in Monitors

RoyF

Gear owned
Model 12
Hi. I am a Model 12 newbie. I tried following this tutorial on how to send FX to my monitors:
The video seems straight forward, but I have been unsuccessful. Variables: (1) FX do work in my mains. (2) Monitors work (albeit without FX). My FX settings (lower right part of the board) include: (3) Effects fader is up; (4) Aux 1 button (to right of fader) is pressed down/in; (5) Send to Aux 1 knob to upper left of fader is turned up (clockwise -- anywhere from 9pm to 5pm positions); (6) Firmware was updated one month ago). Any clever ideas why this might not be working, beyond my incompetence? Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Welcome.

I don't own one of these front-of-house mixers, so I'm referencing information found in the Block Diagram and the sticky threads.
...Aux1 button (to right of fader) is pressed down/in; (5) Send to Aux 1 knob to upper left of fader is turned up (clockwise)...
The Block Diagram in the Model 12 OM indicates only Aux2 goes to the internal FX. So signal also must be flowing on the Aux2/FX circuit in order to combine the wet Aux2/FX signal with the dry Aux1 signal on the Aux1 circuit.

...FX do work in my mains...Monitors work (albeit without FX)
If you need to monitor the Main Mix L/R bus+Aux2/FX, that routing is covered in the "Tutorial and Informational Videos" sticky thread. It focuses on the Model 24, but should be the same or similar for the Model 12 and may prove helpful.

If that routing video resolves the issue, please let us know so others coming to this thread in the future can benefit.

If there's still no joy, then we'll try to sort it out.

Last edited:
@RoyF, what socket are your monitors plugged into? A high-resolution picture of the top of the desk would help us helping you.

Staff online

Members online