new song ive recorded fully with the dp008ex

Dan Attar

Gear owned
DP008EX
hey, another song ive done with the tascam, its all the tascam, without outboard gear, the acoustic guitars is also from the build in condensers
enjoy :)

Again - nice playin'!
And - isn't it a marvel how the little '008 can "do it all"? I've been pleasantly surprised by the quality of the built-in condensers.
That said: I'm convinced your lovely arrangements and fine playing would sound just stellar if mic'd with a good SDC, or even a pair done in x-mic'ing, one about fret 14, one toward soundhole/soundboard. 'Room issues' matter too.
And suggest being attentive to the minimal EQ'ing that's available on the '008, to "clean up"/clarify the response that ends up in your master/final track....
But - all in all - tremendously impressive!!!:geek:

Reactions: Dan Attar
Again - nice playin'!
And - isn't it a marvel how the little '008 can "do it all"? I've been pleasantly surprised by the quality of the built-in condensers.
That said: I'm convinced your lovely arrangements and fine playing would sound just stellar if mic'd with a good SDC, or even a pair done in x-mic'ing, one about fret 14, one toward soundhole/soundboard. 'Room issues' matter too.
And suggest being attentive to the minimal EQ'ing that's available on the '008, to "clean up"/clarify the response that ends up in your master/final track....
But - all in all - tremendously impressive!!!:geek:
Yea! Super agree
I have in my studio lynx aurora (one of the best converters in the market) and api preamps and expensive mics and i still prefer the tascam, has some magic in the sound that i searched for, sounds almost analog for me, id ill be a little less lazy i really plug a real mics, maybe in the next tune :)
Just one question, what SDC?

Thas' kewl...the best recording technique/s are the one/s that come out the way YOU want it to sound!!!:cool:

It sounds like you have some decent gear...and could use it if you wanted...but if your recordings sound the way you want, then - you're cookin' with gas!
------------------
PS: "SDC" means Small Diaphram Condenser (mic). This is one of the prime mic designs for capturing dynamically-variable instruments, especailly strings, piano, yada.

Personally - being poor and mostly deaf - I make do with modest-cost units...I have some MXL 991's that are cheap/not very well-reviewed...very entry-level...but adequate in a pinch. Then I have a pair of sE7's that are also not particularly boutique/high-end, but sound great. Have done a TON of acoustic 6- and 12-string git'r recording with those.

Last edited:

New threads

Members online

No members online now.