Intermittent Reset Issue "HELP?"

WarrenG

Gear owned
MX2424
Has any one ever seen this error on an MX2424
It will work fine with all tracks armed then after a while it seem to do some sort of reset and unarms all tracks.
The other MX units show an error lite. rearming track works fine thaen after some time it happens again.
I thought it might be a glitchy pwr supply or analog card. But wanted to ask you fine folks for insight first.

Thanks
Warren

Are you running multiple units together? it reads like that quote: The other MX units show an error lite

If so they could be dropping out of sync, how did you sync them if that's the case?

Cheers

Sorry for the late reply, I took family on a vacation.
Now I need one.

The two MX units are synced from Two RME HDSP9652 cards. HDSP SYNC out to MX -1 SYNC in, MX-1 SYNC out to MX-2 SYNC IN) MX-2 is the one that drops all armed tracks off line. MX-1 then shows the error lite. Both RME units state that all connected units are in sync, the 3 Behringer ADA8000's and the MX2424 units.
Hope that makes since.

Thanks
Warren

First up I would sync the 2 mx’s together via the TL bus, it absolutely locks the 2 mx’s together sample accurate. You then set up the first mx as master and the second as slave. You then setup mx 1 to chase the incoming code.

Are you syncing from the RME are you using word clock, video sync or time code? If you can get time code from the RME connect that and then set the frame rates the same on both. The MX’s lock very well to time code.

I’ve never set up to case word clock so I don’t know how that works.

Thank you
It may very well have a secondary sync config issues. But even when compleatly isolated from any other gear it will still drop off-line and even on rare occasion now I am finding that the unit will completely power down. I am now testing if the analog cards input board is causing this issue, by removing the pwr cord and ribbon cable from it. If it stays online then maye some caps on that board could be bad???? So far it has remained online for 20 min without issue. Any insight would be welcome.

Thanks

Warren

Seems as it is isolated to the Analog Input board as it has not glitched for over an hour after removing that boards power and ribbon cable. I am thinking possibly the U1901 15vdc regulator or its caps. Still testing.

Thanks again for the schmatics.

Warren

If anyone is interested It was later dertemined that the main PWR Supply had some cold solder joints. Once they were repaired I have had no issues.

Warren

New threads

Members online

No members online now.