DR-05X mic stand adapter

Mburke

Gear owned
Model 24, DR-05x
Hello Tascam forum, I need to find an adapter to attach my DR-05X to a mic stand so I don't have to put it on tables anymore. Does anybody know of such a product?

I made a "quick-and-dirty" home-made mic stand adapter for my DR-40:

Buy a 1/4 in. x 3 in. Stainless Steel hex bolt that fits the tripod mount socket on the recorder:

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Everbilt-1-4-in-x-3-in-Stainless-Steel-Hex-Bolt-812266/301936036

Cut a 2-3/4 inch length of dowel (I used an old broomstick) that is small enough diameter to fit into a standard microphone holder clip.

The length of the dowel should be about 1/4 inch shorter than the hex bolt.

Drill a 1/4 inch hole lengthwise through the dowel, and insert the bolt through the dowel so it protrudes about 1/4 inch. I used 5-minute epoxy glue to secure the bolt in the dowel.

Make a washer out of cardboard and place it over the protruding bolt end.

Wrap some electrical or masking tape around the dowel until it is thick enough to fit securely into the microphone holder clip.

Screw the adapter into the socket on the recorder. Adjust the thickness of the cardboard washer(s) to allow a secure fit.

Insert the recorder/adapter into your mic holder on the stand.

Yippee!

Last edited:
Reactions: shredd
I made a "quick-and-dirty" home-made mic stand adapter for my DR-40
Brilliant!
Coming up with simple solutions for problems is ossum. I did this one to work around the DP-32's lack of video-monitor-output capability...

New threads

Members online

No members online now.