Dp008ex

songwriter65

Gear owned
Dp008ex
Hi .still can't get clear idea on the eq . It's definately 2 band and I think shelf type . So if I cut 12db on the high shelf at 1.6khz what is that actually cutting .many thanks. Actually no .I think the limit is 1.7khz on the high band

Last edited:
I'm no rocket surgeon...there's other guyz here on the forum who are realllly smart and they do that. I just try to remember which way the pointy end of the guitar goes.

But I'mma pretty sure that the freq's given in the EQ specs (page 44 of the '008ex manual, in case you're interested) are the "center" freq's of the EQ's action, NOT shelf/cutoff/HPF or LPF freq's.

Yes - the controls descriptions given on that page of the manual does appear to indicate that the "center" frequency of the adjustment can be set in the ranges given.

FWIW: it would be very much to your benefit to familiarize yourself with the area of the forum relating to the small PortaStudio's (the category you're currently posting in). You can learn a LOT by simply browsing/reading; and of course the forum features an excellent search function that you can use for specific topics, as about a bajillion people before you who've had every question you could possibly dream up, and have posted about it.

New threads

Members online