DM 3200 IF-FW/DMMKII Transport control

I tried setting up MTC on Midi 3 but it didn't work. I'm sure I left something out or simply didn't get it right in the first place. (Sadly I'm totally confused with midi controllers, amongst other tech things.) If possible, please provide the steps needed. Thanks

Unless there are any Reaper users here who could walk you through the process, maybe your best bet is to post this particular question on the Cuckos forum.

I use Reaper amongst a few other DAW's and got my control going with the Mackie Extender protocol. You have to add it in Reaper under the external controllers tab. You also have to use specific Midi ports. I'm not at my studio but I think it's midi port 5? Lastly you need a dedicated USB cable (one end has USB2 and the other has the old fax type connection).

There is a document I found online somewhere that explains the setup. I'll try and find it. By the way, if you have TMC working and the USB cable connected it "should" only be a matter of adding the Mackie extender and assigning the Midi port.

These aren't the exact instructions I was referring to but they look like the same steps I used to set Transport control up so worth a shot. It's from this link (last post in the thread).

http://forum.cockos.com/archive/index.php/t-79081.html

JohnnieTech
04-17-2013, 09:07 PM
I just got my DM3200 and set it up in Reaper. Thought I would add the solution I found for future DM3200 users.

Tascam Settings:
----------------
Set External Control to 16 MC for Logic
Set Machine Control to M MC for Logic
Select TRA(Transport Control)

Reaper Settings:
----------------
Open Options->Preferences->Control Surfaces
Add a new Mackie Control Universal with MIDI I/O set to 5
Add a new Mackie Control Extender with MIDI I/O set to 6 and shift faders by 8

This should allow you to use all Faders, SEL, SOLO, MUTE, PAN and transport.

New threads

Members online

No members online now.