DM-3200 Battery Replacement (DM-4800 too)

traceoflife

Gear owned
Tascam DM-3200
I wanted to post this for a few reasons.
A. Seemed some other forum was the resource and we can't have that
B. Because the battery can be the source for random errors leading you to think your device is crapping out.
Mine was throwing SRAM errors on boot, until the battery finally failed. I should not have put it off for so long and just done the replacement.

Battery for the DM-3200/4800 is regular CR2032 3v. Follow the below instructions to replace it.

Opening the mixer:

- Unscrew the "wood" sides (8 screws in total, 4 per side)
Screenshot 2024-09-11 101719.png

- Remove the upper grille strip, it should come off easily, it is held in place by its own tension.
3.jpg

- Remove the metal strip above faders, this one should come off easily too, no screws here either. It is metal and can be pried up easily with a small screwdriver
2.jpg

- Remove 4 screws from upper part of the main panel (where grille used to be)
Screenshot 2024-09-11 101841.png

- Remove 4 screws from lower part (where the metal strip used to be)
Screenshot 2024-09-11 101850.png
-Remove a screw on each side (2) in the center holding the main LCD area in place.

Screenshot 2024-09-11 101826.png

- The main panel should now be free and it can opened. The panel is hinged from the lower side, it should open up simply by pulling from the upper edge. All the cables should have enough slack so that the panel can sit upright.
8.JPG

The battery clip is located in a bit tricky place, look under mic pre section, to the back right corner and you should see it there.
If you want you can also remove the mic pre section but that a bit more work. It was easy to remove by sliding it out from the left side. Same goes for sliding the new one in.
Screenshot 2024-09-11 101904.png

Now all that is left is to reassemble it in reverse order.
Cheers.

@traceoflife Thank you for taking the time to post these instructions. Much appreciated.

Members online