Direct recording into Ableton only possible from channel 1 or 2

dragonflyr

Gear owned
Tascam model 12
Hello (and thank you in advance!)

I'm trying to use the Model 12 with Ableton for direct recording into Ableton. (not model 12 on-board multitrack recording).

I simply want to be able to record any given channel on the mixer to a track in Ableton.
At the moment, Ableton will ONLY record whatever is plugged into channel 1 or 2 of the mixer (mode set to "Live"). If I plug a guitar/mic/whatever into channel 3 (mode "live") on the mixer, Ableton does NOT sense ANY audio from that channel. (so, if I want to record into Ableton, I'm constantly re-plugging different instruments/mics into either channels 1 and 2 of the mixer so I can get them into ableton)

I don't need Daw control mode (i have plenty of other good controllers) .. just simply want Ableton to sense audio signals from the other mixer channels besides 1 and 2.

I clearly must be missing something simple. I have managed to figure out most everything else ... but I have searched and simply cannot figure this issue out (and it seems to be a simple one..lol).

Thank you!

lol. after spending HOURS working on this issue ... I just figured it out at from another post here. FINALLY!

Anyway, the solution:
in Ableton > preferences > audio > input config, I had to enable mono inputs for 1-8.

( I only have Ableton intro .. so I'm limited to 8 inputs .. but that works fine for me )

New threads

Members online

No members online now.