Multiple headphones with tascam 16x08

seancg

Gear owned
Tascam 16x08
So I'm getting the impression that the outputs (8on the back) aren't powered. I have my monitors plugged in to 1-2 and they work beautifully. I planned on having multiple headphones plugged in the other 6 outputs because I'm recording with a few other people. However when I plug headphones in to the outputs, nothing happens. Do I need a headphone amp? Is there an easy fix that I'm just blind to?

These are Line Outs on the US-16x08; their level and impedance is unsuitable for headphones - and they are mono outputs as well. You do indeed need a headphone amp.

Damn so what would the outputs be used for ideally? And should I use the headphone out when I get the amp?

Depending on the DAW you use (and your demands), you could use the multiple outputs for several functions; external audio hardware, multiple monitor systems, analog mixer/recorder etc.

And a dedicated headphone amp uses Line Inputs, so you'd be feeding it from two of your analog outputs. Some headphone amps can also handle multiple inputs, so in that case you could create different monitor mixes in the DAW.

Get an headphone amplifier.
The outputs are balanced line outputs, not headphone outs

You have to assign the outputs. I created sends for headphone mixes in Pro Tools and the outputs work great for different headphone mixes. I don't need a headphone amplifier.

New threads

Members online

No members online now.