Hello from me

Andy Kay

Gear owned
Tascam dr05X
Hi all and thanks for the add.

I'm a semi retired session guitarist (slowly recovering from surgery on an injury that happened nearly 50 years ago) so confined to making music at home for the time being

I've just bought myself a DR05X to replace my Boss BR80 Micro which has served me well for several years and I'm looking forward to using it for recording and media playback at solo gigs (when I finally get back to doing some work) as well as recording other gigs I intend to go to.

Hopefully I'll be able to contribute as well as picking your brains at the same time

Cheers

Welcome Andy,

I hope you recover as fully as possible as quickly as possible.

There are some very experienced recording engineers here that willingly share their knowledge and wisdom, so feel free to ask. There is a lot of info in the sticky sections of each sub topic so make sure you read through them, there is so much useful stuff there.

We even do some collaborations if you are that way inclined, it is a lot of fun.

Oh, and by the way, I am NOT one of those knowledgable experts, even though I like to give my opinion lol

cheers, it's along story but almost 50 years ago, I was involved in a fairly big motor bike accident, breaking my left leg in 7 places and was told I'd be lucky to walk again unaided - not what a stubborn 17 year old wants to hear and happily I proved him wrong - the last ten years have been plagued with vascular problems and the hospital decided to remove the leg below the knee to make things better in the future - that was November and we are just getting around to talking about a prosthetic - more tests and stuff next week - I'm bored with the lack of mobility but I'll get myself up and about soon - cheers for the kind words. As for the DR05x, today was the first real chance I've had to play with it and it sounds great. The menu system makes sense and it seems to do what I need. Recording quality is superb, the mic preamps are great. As for collaborations, I get involved in a few - it depends on what type of stuff.

Here's one from a couple of years ago

@Andy Kay Welcome to the Tascam Forums. I admire your spirit and you absolutely have the right attitude: Keep going despite whatever limitations we have to face. Looking forward to having you on the forum with us.

Hi everyone, I'm glad to have found this forum, very interesting. I am a 60 years old French man from Québec Canada and I lost quite a bit of my English. (Hope to be readable).

I read lot's of posts and I will read more when needed since I'm a beginner whit my Tascam DP 24 witch I bought 10 years ago loll ... Now newly retired I have plenty of time to finally have fun with my equipment. It took me many years to accept my physical condition due to accidents and not listening to the crying and yelling of my body telling me to slow down, I cut the candle of my life in half and lite each ends of it. ‍ ... So I took a scraper to pick up all that burned wax and wrapped it around the fine cord of life I have left and all I needed was someone to lite it back on. Now that it's done the MAGIC of life happens. I found Phil's videos on YouTube about the Tascam and now this forum. I'm convinced that my body will hill enough so I can play guitar again. Meditation and creativity helps very much for that and more, it fulfils the MAGIC of life.
I had to destroy myself to finally find LOVE inside of me. Hard price to pay, to find out after all that LOVE is a gift, LIFE is a gift that no-one can possessed. It's all free to receive and to give.
Thank you everyone for all your FREE sharing's.
Rémi

welcome Remi from a 61 year old from Australia. Your English is much better than my French hehe

I have a new DP32SD and am loving it.

May I highly recommend buying Phil Tipping's how to guide to the DP series, it covers everything.

available here, as a pdf emailed to you

http://www.philizound.co.uk/freebies/dp24-32/dp24-32.html#guide

PS it says 'freebies' in the link but it's not free, but well worth the $30

Last edited:
Hey ! Thank you BazzBass
I've already looked at Phil's videos on youtube a few times, so much stuff into it.
I'm glad to know there is more to it, thanks for the link, I'm looking into it right now

Have a great day

Last edited:
Reactions: BazzBass

New threads

Members online