Audio buss output is mono

HadieDave

Gear owned
DM4800 and DM24
Good evening, my name is Dave and i'm new here. My new DM 4800 is working well but the output on, for example, buss 1-2 is mono. I play a stereo track on channel 1-2 and route that to buss 1-2. On my pc, connected via firewire with the mixer i run Reason or Audition, i select the two input busses and the signal comes in on both channels but it's mono. The sound of the output on my speakers is stereo. Buss channels 1 and 2 are linked. Input channel 1 and 2 are linked too. Somewhere in the process, something makes the signal mono. I tried a lot of things, unlink the two buss channels aand pan them hard left and right but nothing works. I know i'm 62 years old and i always worked on a DM 24 and at that age, changing things goes with troubles. Underwear for example. I hope there's somebody who can help me out of this thing. Thanx, Dave.

Reactions: mixerizer
make sure the mono button isn't turned on. right side in the monitoring section.

There is also a toggle under preferences to make buss pan follow the stereo pan for channel assigns. You will figure it out!

Also, sometimes I find buss panning gets ‘stuck’ - if worse comes to worse, start w a new / template snapshot.

Hi Dave.
Have you tried assigning the Left channel to Buss 1 and Right channel to Buss 2?
If you assign either channel to buss 1 & 2 at the same time it will go to mono.
Hope that helps.

New threads

Members online