-mjk-

Staff member
From
Hukou Township, Hsinchu County, Taiwan
Website
phoenixmediaforge.com
Gear owned
DP-32, | 2A Mixer, A3440
I've never been one to use guitar pedals much, with the exception of a vintage wah pedal. I've always used large tube (valve) amplifiers that clean up when the guitar volume is rolled off. The shows that I have played over the years have relied on the mixer to add the necessary effects at the mixing console.

Things are different now. I'm playing with some local bands on the weekends, in beer houses, basically, lol. I have the desire to simplify my rig and not take such heavy gear around with me. Plus I want to do more experimentation and up my game in the studio. So, I built my first pedalboard:

There are 2 signal chains: A: Blue Chain & B: Red Chain.

The Blue Chain is built around 2 of the the GOAT Blue Series pedals: Sustainor and Stereo Chorus.
The Red Chain is (currently, and subject to change) the DigiTech Brian May pedal.

A stereo A/B/Y switch enables me to go between the chains.

I'm using a Class D brick power map to power my VOX guitar cabinets in stereo. The pedalboard includes a multi-cable that takes the stereo output from the NUX TIME CORE and brings it over to the power amp that lives with the speaker cabinets.

This system is really amazing and the sounds are off the charts. There is a lot of versatility with the 2 chains both live and in studio.

The platform is the Harley Benton Power Spaceship 60XL pedalboard, with built-in power supply. On the GOAT and stereo switch pedals, I used Harley Benton Mounties to screw them down to the pedalboard for security.

The best thing about this system is that it all packs up into a shoulder bag and it holds everything, including the power amp, audio and speaker cables - everything except the speaker cabinets themselves.

Reactions: Phil Tipping

New threads

Members online

No members online now.