Model 12/16 class compliant?

Cegway

Gear owned
None, looking at Model16
I'm looking at buying a Model 12 or 16 (maybe even 24). I can't find a definitive answer on the class compliant thing (on a Mac).

Load the Model Mixer software on your Mac. That will tell you the settings on the Model you're using (Model 16 in my case). Use the Audio/Midi Setup to set the in/out to match the board. You're good to go. It's an easy, easy setup, with no extra drivers needed other than the aforementioned Model Mixer software.

Reactions: Max Relic
I don't have one yet, still researching, especially real class compliance (future proofing)

Thanks, I hadn't seen that. That is for the 12, it's still not clear to me if that applies to the 16. The appropriate page for the 16 doesn't say explicitly.

So the 16 and 24 doesn't specifically say 'Class Compliant'
Screenshot 2024-06-27 at 10.20.20.png

I'm leaning towards the 16 but I really don't want to buy another device that relies on drivers. TBH, I'm interested in the multitrack-to-SD recording but would still like the option of using it as an audio interface. Class compliance gives me some peace of mind for OS/computer updates in the future.

Can anyone confirm Class Compliance on the Mac for the Model 16?

So the 16 and 24 doesn't specifically say 'Class Compliant'
View attachment 2479
No, but all the manuals for the Model series contain the same sentence in chapter 12. USB audio interface functions:

With a Mac, the standard OS driver will be used, so installation of dedicated software is not strictly necessary.
I would assume all the Models are Class Compliant devices. A confirmation from M16/M24 users would be appreciated.

I've plugged and played my M16 on two different MacBook Pro machines with no problems. Several different OS, too. The Model Mixer program just serves to tell you what you've got it set at as far as I can tell.

Reactions: Max Relic

New threads

Members online

No members online now.