is there a way to "lock" individual tracks - to prevent accidental recording over a specific track?

bobbydj

Gear owned
424mkiii (kaput)
Hello everyone -
A quick question: Does anyone know if there is a way to 'lock' individual tracks on the Model 12? For instance, the bass player does the most amazing performance of his life (let's say we're recording bass to track 3). We want to preserve / guard against recording over that particular track, whilst leaving all remaining tracks "unlocked". Can this be done? I've checked the manual, and also searched the internet and this forum, but I think I'm using the terms? Any help very much appreciated - thanks in advance guys.

@bobbydj, the Model 12 has a SONG PROTECT function to write-protect all the tracks together. Write-protecting individual tracks is best done in your computer: put your SD card in, navigate to the song folder and "protect" desired tracks from overwrite/delete. Don't know if it can be done with the Model 12 connected via USB in STORAGE MODE, worth a try.

Reactions: bobbydj
Thanks Max - I was aware of the song protect function, but wondered if there was a similar command or function for individual tracks within a song. I personally think it would be useful. However, I muddled on with a 424mkiii for decades and that had no such facility. The most that was possible was to punch the tabs out of the cassette once it was full.

I take your point about involving a computer, but I want to avoid that wherever possible.

Reactions: Max Relic

New threads

Members online

No members online now.