Fader Volume and panning post recording.

Shickjeff63

Gear owned
tascam model 25
Hey everyone. Using the Model 16. I see some posts around about this issue but never clear answers. I know when recording on a channel the fader volume and panning doesn't work. But they should work when playing back the recorded channel. I can't seem to adjust the fader volume of the recorded track or pan the track while listening back. Anyone have a resolution. Thanks

Welcome to the forum. As stated in several places in the forum faders are for adjusting listening and mixdown levels, not for recording tracks. To try to help you solve the issue, please give more details on how you setup the desk: input switch, channels assign buttons, main mix control and how are you listening to it (by phones or active monitors and which output they are attached to).

Hey Max. Thanks for responding. I do understand that it's for listening to what you just recorded and for mixdown. My issue is after I record on a channel and play it back. The channels fader has no control over the volume. As well as no panning. If I mixdown the song and play with the fader volume and pan, the mixdown song has the the volume going up and down and the panning left to right. I just don't hear it pre mixdown.

As for as settings the channel is set to MTR. Pfl and main buttons are pressed in. I'm listening with headphones in the headphone jack. I also connected speakers to the control room left right out. Playing back a recorded part on a track, the track fader volume and pan do nothing. I just hear the volume at which it was recorded and cannot adjust the level.

So I just discovered if I connect my speakers to the left right Sub output. I can control the playback volume and panning. If I plug my headphones into the Sub out using a dual 1/4 splitter that also heats the volume being raised and lowered for each channel as well as panning left and right. Is this how it's supposed to work. Headphone jack and control room jacks don't allow this for some reason

You have the phones monitor set to either Solo or Aux which are mono. To verify this rotate the PFL/AFL MASTER knob anti-clockwise (white cap, left of the phones knobs), if the volume turns down you have found it; you should also notice a red LED lit at the left of the LCD screen (PFL/AFL). If turning the PFL/AFL MASTER does nothing on phones, look if the little button marked AUX 1/2 - MAIN right below the phones level knob is pushed down (there is one button for each headphone channel), in which case you are listening one of the AUX busses. There is a third pair of push buttons possibly involved in the AUX master section, AUX1 - AFL and AUX2 - AFL: both are controlled by a master level knob and a mute button, but due to a firmware bug only the AUX1 - AFL works as expected while AUX2 - AFL just mutes the bus.

Reactions: Mark Richards
So the red pfl/all is lit. When I turn down the pfl/master it does turn down the headphones. Where is the setting to make the phones solo or Aux. Nothing in the menu that I see.

One or more SOLO buttons are pushed down, thus engaging Pre-Fader Listen / SOLO mode for the corresponding channels. Look closely at each button, when they are all in the up position (the PFL/AFL red LED is unlit) you should eventually be able to listen the Main Mix.

Reactions: Mark Richards
Found it. The Afl button on the FX fader was pushed in. Faders and panning now work while listening thru the phones jack. Thanks so much for your help!!

Reactions: -mjk-

New threads

Members online

No members online now.