Direct recording into Ableton only possible from channel 1 or 2

dragonflyr

Gear owned
Tascam model 12
Hello (and thank you in advance!)

I'm trying to use the Model 12 with Ableton for direct recording into Ableton. (not model 12 on-board multitrack recording).

I simply want to be able to record any given channel on the mixer to a track in Ableton.
At the moment, Ableton will ONLY record whatever is plugged into channel 1 or 2 of the mixer (mode set to "Live"). If I plug a guitar/mic/whatever into channel 3 (mode "live") on the mixer, Ableton does NOT sense ANY audio from that channel. (so, if I want to record into Ableton, I'm constantly re-plugging different instruments/mics into either channels 1 and 2 of the mixer so I can get them into ableton)

I don't need Daw control mode (i have plenty of other good controllers) .. just simply want Ableton to sense audio signals from the other mixer channels besides 1 and 2.

I clearly must be missing something simple. I have managed to figure out most everything else ... but I have searched and simply cannot figure this issue out (and it seems to be a simple one..lol).

Thank you!

lol. after spending HOURS working on this issue ... I just figured it out at from another post here. FINALLY!

Anyway, the solution:
in Ableton > preferences > audio > input config, I had to enable mono inputs for 1-8.

( I only have Ableton intro .. so I'm limited to 8 inputs .. but that works fine for me )

Have a look at this video

It covers how to set up you DAW (in this video Studio One, but any DAW should be able to set up this)

New threads

Members online

No members online now.