Peter Batah

Soundaholic
From
Montreal, Canada
Website
www.cafejoya.com
Gear owned
DM4800 / MU1000
Hello all. It's been a while since I have sent out a Mayday!

I have some very old material that still lives on reel-to-reel tape. I am looking to transfer said material onto my DAW (CB 13 PRO). I borrowed a friends Akai 4000DS and have it hooked up via an RCA cable to the rear of my DM.

I set the source to 2TRIN and configured inputs 1+2 -> 2 TR IN-L & 2 TR IN-R. I then create 2 audio tracks in CB. I then route the bus of those tracks as follows:

Audio 1 - Mono / Mono
Audio 2 - Mono 2 / Mono 2

I can hear the 2 Track source just fine through my DM but am unable to record that source onto my 2 audio tracks in CB.

Thank you for your time and guidance. Much appreciated.

I suppose you checked the "obvious" things, such as Pan-L and Pan-R, assign to the outputs, Channel and Buss (when not "direct") faders, unwanted inserts, input faders in CB, etc.
Have you tried different channels in CB and DM?

Reactions: Peter Batah
@Headroom Thank you for chiming in. I'll be heading back to the drawing board (so-to-speak) later this morning. I will go through your check list. Using another source eg. mic or guitar works just as expected. In other words either one of those sources can be recorded to audio tracks in CB

Looks like this did the trick. Nothing like a fresh start to get the neurons firing just right.

2-track insert

New threads

Members online

No members online now.