Raising Capt. Dan's sail once more

Zach Reever

From
Portland, OR, USA
Gear owned
DM-3200 (x2) | DM-4800 |
Hello everyone!

My name is Zach, as the creative username would suggest, and the reason for the thread is mostly as a short introduction, as I've just recently joined the forum. However, as the title mentions Capt. Dan, let me elaborate:

I bought first of two DM-3200s a few months ago, on a whim, from a gentleman selling it on FB Marketplace. In fact, he was selling an entire recording package that seemed too good to pass up for what it was.... so I bit.

And as it turns out, what I had purchased was Capt. Dan's entire former studio setup: DM3200, monitors and Protools rig. The guy I purchased it from spoke very highly of Dan and his music, told me all about the forums, and how crucial they would be in learning to fully take advantage of the mixer's capability. And after spending some time reading through various posts, I can see just how valuable of a member he was here, before he passed. And you can tell how many hours he must have spent hunched over that mixer, as many of the knobs and buttons are well-worn from much loving use ;)

I just thought some of his friends here might like to know that his gear is still making music and inspiring creativity. Here's a shot off the project screen, showing templates from the last album he released.

Hope everyone is well and I'm grateful for the resource!

Best regards,

Zach

ADCreHeci-JBqOGbjYI72YTZBFRCCnzKZak6LLFcR1xAfhER2WdP9Mzw1aCW_VaE6C21c6HmfGTYT4hKDaiXGeiTFVAEJL0H3TBQGBVWeD7209nYs10T2YRB=w2400

Yes! Enjoy the vibes, and thanks for the post!

Hi Zach, thanks for posting this. It's good to hear that Capt. Dan's gear is in good hands, and that you found your way to this forum too. He was a very helpful and fun guy on the forum and it's good to see him remembered - and honored - again. I hope you make great music with these tools!

Thank you for posting this Zach! I was fortunate to have spent time with Capt. Dan at the 2015 NAMM show. I watched him see his heroes perform and he was in his truest happiness. I cherish the time we had and the pictures are fabulous. Continue his musical legacy.

New threads

Members online