New to the 32

redstairs

Gear owned
Tascam DP-32SD
Hi all,

Just signed up and wanted to say hello first of all.

Hello!

I've been using the Tascam DP-008EX for years and got to know it pretty much inside and out. I upgraded to the DP-32SD just a week ago and have learned a lot already but still a long way to go.

I'll br back soon in a specific thread, as I have a specific query.....which I imagine wlll be straightforward having been easy to use on the 008EX but I'm just hoping to clarify the correct approach.

Back soon then, but hi for now!

Reactions: -mjk- and shredd
Howdy - & welcome to the show. “We have some lovely prizes for you, just for participating!”
Sorry. I watched a lot of TV as a kid. :p

SO: congrats on yr new rig!
Was thinking that since you’re experienced on the ‘008ex, you’ll crooz on the DP.

I’ll spare the rest of the gang the compulsory trouble:
First thing you should do is visit the DP category, paying special attention to the “stickies” - the very informative pinned posts at the top.
Next: go to ytube to watch Phil Tipping’s outstanding videos explaining the way around the DP - he makes things really clear.
And seriously consider his guide, which is so informative it makes the Tascam owner’s manual look like a comic book drawn by chimps & printed in Hmong.

And you’ll find this forum populated by some talented & brilliant people. And me. :p

Reactions: redstairs and -mjk-
Hi, thank you so much.

I'll have a look at the links you've provided, they sound really useful.

I don't actually think the manual is too bad, as virtually anything the DP008EX can do is also possible on the 32SD and the manual is identical in those respects, I always thought tbe 008EX manual was quite good haha!

New threads

Members online

No members online now.