IF-FW/DM MKII & Thunderbolt Compatibility

Can anyone confirm if the DM 4800 is compatible with Pro Tools 12 and OSX El Capitan using the Thunderbolt x Firewire adapter?
Best regards,
Dimobr

That would be early. Please check if there is firewire driver for Capitan.

did not try on El Capitan but on 10.10.5 I tried to attach my FW 400 - 800 cable into a thunderbolt adaptor to use the thunderbolt port on my imac and it did not work either daisychained with my thunderbolt hard drive or directly into the imac. I could have an inconsistent cable though so I have another fw 400-800 cable coming tomorrow.

I have the same issue. I had downgraded from El Capitan to Yosemite but still the card reads OK but "No Cable" error. If you unplug the cable and reconnect it you get a "driver offline" error briefly before returning to No cable. I have tried using the latest Beta drivers without success. My next step was to try to downgrade again from Yosemite to Mavericks to see if this works. if anybody has a working setup with Thunderbolt I would really appreciate if they can list out the software versions used from OS version to driver version to firmware on cards etc so I can try to replicate it.

Hi, I'm new to the forum. I am using the DM3200 with apple's firewire/thunderbolt adapter, standard drivers (from tascam) and it is working perfectly.

I found it is important how you start and shut down your system. For me, I boot up my Mac first, THEN turn on the DM3200. Works every time.

cheers,

Thanks moleif. yes I tried that and other sequences for booting and still nothing. I have logged a call with tascam as I believe now I have a hardware fault. But thanks for sharing.

New threads

Members online

No members online now.