DP-006 Glitching during recording

mh2000

Gear owned
dp-006
With my DP-006, the recording is glitching for a split second or so. Seems to only happen when I've recording over a track that has already been recorded... possibly if the track has been exported. Intermittent problem so I have only really encountered it when it ruins a track. No good way to fix it. Could be a gap left in the new recording letting the old spill through. Does this make sense? I've never gotten this problem if I have freshly formatted my memory card. Any ideas???

Thanks!

PS My 8GB Sandisk is on the tested good list.

Update. I experienced this problem with a freshly reformatted card. I don't feel like I have the ~$200 to upgrade to a new dp-008ex and I hate working with laptops so guess I'll just recognize that no recording can be so special that it can't be rerecorded when using my dp-006.

Have you tried another card?

The card may be the right type, but that's not to say the individual card itself couldn't be flawed.

Check out Amazon for a $15 card and see if it makes a difference.

well... I've tried different cards. the unit seems ok with one, maybe two songs, but once I go past that the glitches start up. Since I liked the unit in general (other than no backlight!!!) and found a bargain $132 (new) dp-008ex off ebay, I ordered that.

I'll keep the dp-006 for now and if anyone has any other suggestions, it would be great... even if I just ended up giving the dp-006 to a friend.

New threads

Members online

No members online now.