Critical error

kelvinrobbo

From
UK
Gear owned
DM4800, DA88 x2 ,
Whenever I close a stand alone software program such as Komplete Kontrol etc by Native Instruments I get a PC blue screen of death/PFN Error. When I check the Computer management-Event Viewer I can see "Event 41, Log System".

This also occurs when I close the DM48000 while still running the PC.

This is increasingly looking like a Tascam Driver error related to the age of the products (Desk and Firewire card IF/FW DM4800). Is anyone else having this problem? I have the most up to date drivers but of course these are ancient in computer terms.

Any solutions?

The fact you're getting a blue screen from closing Komplete Kontrol makes me think this is an issue related to your PC. How old is your PC, and what OS are you running? I think most people on this form are running windows 10 without any issues, I'm not sure how many people are using windows 11.

If you've done some digging and it looks like a Tascam Driver error, have you tried uninstalling the firewire drivers? Also have you tried physically removing the firewire card, and then shutting down the console? That's where I'd start on that. Again, sounds more like a problem with your PC. Might not be a bad idea to do a fresh install of windows if it's an older machine.

New threads

Members online

No members online now.