2023 TASCAM design guide - need for a generic “TASCAM Digital Products” forum?

mixerizer

Soundaholic
Gear owned
DM-4800, -24, X-48, r250n
We can consider it of course, but the addition of new forums is entirely up to the Administrator and not to the Moderators. Typically he waits until there is enough traffic to warrant it, then he creates the new forum sections and the mods move the messages there.

Reactions: mixerizer
Cool, in any case the visible text in the forums list will indicate the document so it’s all good either way. Thanks mjk!

ps Dante is v prominently featured therein!

Reactions: -mjk-
I would vote for a different approach altogether (but it's unlikely to happen since it would be a big forum overhaul).. The fact that equipment is digital or not is not so relevant IMO.

The function op the device should be the deciding factor (which we already do have for some sub forums): Not Digital Equipment with 9 unrelated subforums (two-track master recorders sharing the same header as multi-track FOH mixer/recorders and typical studio mixing desks), but studio mixing desks together, master recorders together etc..

Also, sometimes the subforum headers are not clear: Sometimes the Tascam model names are leading with a subtext about what they are (see X-48) and sometimes it's the other way around, which makes more sense to me (see DRTS Multi-channel Recorders).

All sound like viable ideas to me - but far be it for me to argue for a meta-meta-thread, one about the meta forum process of reaching out to admins to potentially widen/reorganize the top level :D

Truth be told, there is only 1 Admin who can do those top-level changes. When I set up Behringer World, the first thing I did was give the moderators the administrative power to setup and organize the forum. I haven't done any of that kind of administrative duty, since. This is all up to the owner of course.

Reactions: Arjan P
I am in favor of overhauling the forum structure. We adopted the current forum taxonomy from the previous forum and made the changes that were relevant at the time, but time, obviously, doesn't stand still.

Feel free to start a new thread so we can discuss the new proposed organization. Once we have a working version that makes sense and consensus from senior forum members, we can begin to implement the changes.

Reactions: mixerizer
Nice to see you again @DJ X. Whatever the structure becomes I'm ready to help with the content management.

New threads

Members online

No members online now.